01 April 2011

LITTLE GANG - I Love You b/w Osana Tomodachi












RCA Victor, 1975, Japan

Thanks so much to Atsushi of Pop n Roll records for tearing himself away from Ebay long enough to write this review. The Vance or Towers thing at the end blew my mind!!! If you haven't already bought the Choosers 45 on Pop n Roll you really should!!

I LOVE YOU


I like the Japanese group called the Good-Bye. They were so famous like Jonas Bros in 80s.
But they have some good poppy songs because the guitarist "Yatchin" was into the Beatles.
Some people says the Good-Bye is better than the Badge. Sometimes I agree with it.

Before the Good-Bye, Yatchin joined Little Gang as vocal when he was 12 years old.
His voice was real Little Gang and their sounds totally wanted to be like
Finger 5 for hits.

I heard that Little Gang's first single "I Love You" sold about 100,000 copies, but I'm not sure if it's true or not because this single is not so easy to find in recent years.I love this song a lot. It remains me James Boys, Cafe Con Leche and so on.

Little Gang have one more single and LP too. I can't find them in store. It seems hard to get.
I'm interested in who cares about this kind of stuff. I need the records.

One more thing about the Good-Bye, they ripped off Vance or Towers' song "Education Blues".

I can't believe they know Vance or Towers. No way.
I guess they only know the movie called "Carrie" and listen to the song.

Vance or Towers - Education Blues



The Good-Bye - Namida no Teenage Blues



I really have no information about this story, I just noticed it when I was listening to Vance or Towers LP. But LP version is slightly different from Carrie version especially main chorus part, so I thought it's just similar sound at first.
After that I heard Carrie version and now I'm sure they ripped it off. Good choice

No comments:

Post a Comment