29 May 2009

THE LOCALS- YOU NEVER HAVE FUN























YOU NEVER HAVE FUN
YES OR NO

recorded in 1980 this great single is the only record by the Locals.
Lineup consists of 
Mike Swanson- guitar/vocals
Bill Rohlfing- bass/vocals
Bob Jay- Guitar
Lou Selmi- drums
I'm assuming Griffy was a private NYC label that only did this one single. There are tons of credits on the back sleeve but not much info online about any of the band members or producers. "You Never Have Fun" also appears on the Japanese (CD) comp "Home Runs vol. 3".  

5 comments:

  1. Excellent record, Great Blog, I'm going to add you to my blog roll.
    Thanks again, and keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! This is fun to hear. I was the drummer in the Locals.We put this record out with the help of friends and never made another record, but we still have an albums worth of studio stuff on half inch master tape.Three of the band members still live in NYC area.I still play regularly around the area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy! Does this bring back happy memories. I'm probably biased because I'm Bill's dad, but I really enjoyed following this group around. In addition to being great musicians,all four of the Locals are wonderful fellows and were well received by their audiences.Thank you for giving me a chance to reminisce. Bill Rohlfing, Sr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does this mean my single in the original picture sleeve is a collectible now? It's great to hear these tracks digitally!

    ReplyDelete
  5. original copy of the single with PS go for around 200 dollars.

    ReplyDelete